Everyone wants soft, shiny hair, however this can be quite difficult to achieve due to horrible weather and using heated appliances on a regular basis. Like most of us, I’ve tried various home remedies and spent a fortune on products that don’t even work attempting to banish frizz and achieve healthy hair. Little did I know that the one ingredient I would need was sitting in my cupboard all along.
Miracle Olive Oil Hair Mask
Olive oil is a brilliant treatment for dry, unruly hair of any length. It’s also really simple to do which is always a plus!
Here’s how you do it:
1) Apply the olive oil to the lengths and ends of dry hair until you feel it is saturated enough.
2) Use the oil left on your hands and massage it into the roots of your hair. This will be enough if you have quite thin hair, however if your hair is thicker you can add slightly more.
3) Put your hair up in a bun or clip it back so it is out of your face and leave for at least 30 minutes, I find it works best after about an hour.
4) Rinse out the olive oil and wash and condition your hair as normal, you will notice how much softer and easier to comb through it is.
5) Style your hair as normal.
Using this mask once a week will help to maintain healthy hair and improve its strength. You could also heat the oil up, apply it as normal and then cover your hair with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes for extra nourishment if your hair is in really bad shape.