With the summer holidays fast approaching I thought I would share my secret on how to prevent dry, cracked feet and ensure they are sandal ready! This mask will also keep your hands extremely soft and is easy and cheap too!
All you will need is:
- Olive Oil
- A pair of socks (or two if you’re planning on doing both your hands and feet with the mask)
Here’s how to do it:
1) Wash your hands/feet and remove any nail polish if you want to achieve the best results.
2) Pour two tablespoons of olive oil into a small bowl and then add a tablespoon of salt and mix them together.
3) Apply the mixture onto your hands/feet and rub on in circular motions focusing on the driest areas.
4) Rinse off the mixture with warm water.
5) Onto dry hands/feet, apply a thin layer of olive oil and massage it in.
6) Put the socks onto your hands/feet and relax and let the oil sink in. You should leave these on for 15 minutes at least, however I find it works best and is more convenient for me to do it overnight.
7) If you aren’t leaving the socks on overnight, remove the socks and rinse off the oil with warm water when you feel it has been on long enough and you’ll feel how soft and smooth your skin is straight away. Your nails will also look healthy and glowing.
Doing this once a week or whenever you feel your hands/feet need it will really help you to maintain soft healthy skin. This mask is extremely easy to do and can be done whilst you sleep; so there is no excuse not to try it!
Everyone wants soft, shiny hair, however this can be quite difficult to achieve due to horrible weather and using heated appliances on a regular basis. Like most of us, I’ve tried various home remedies and spent a fortune on products that don’t even work attempting to banish frizz and achieve healthy hair. Little did I know that the one ingredient I would need was sitting in my cupboard all along.
Olive oil is a brilliant treatment for dry, unruly hair of any length. It’s also really simple to do which is always a plus!
Here’s how you do it:
1) Apply the olive oil to the lengths and ends of dry hair until you feel it is saturated enough.
2) Use the oil left on your hands and massage it into the roots of your hair. This will be enough if you have quite thin hair, however if your hair is thicker you can add slightly more.
3) Put your hair up in a bun or clip it back so it is out of your face and leave for at least 30 minutes, I find it works best after about an hour.
4) Rinse out the olive oil and wash and condition your hair as normal, you will notice how much softer and easier to comb through it is.
5) Style your hair as normal.
Using this mask once a week will help to maintain healthy hair and improve its strength. You could also heat the oil up, apply it as normal and then cover your hair with a shower cap and leave for 30 minutes for extra nourishment if your hair is in really bad shape.